Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. ESS Universal USA, LLC, as part of our operation of www.heavydutybunkbeds.com, the Website, collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully, as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities int eh event you have a complaint.
What Information Do We Collect?
In general, you can visit this website without identifying who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Information collected online can generally be categorized as personally identifiable or anonymous.
In the course of registering to use our website, requesting services, requesting copies of correspondence, your responses to surveys, your search queries on our Website, and details regarding your transactions on our Website, we collect the following personal identifiable information when you provide it to us:
- name of person placing order
- delivery address
- payment method
- payment information
- phone number, email
- any other information that can be used to identify, describe, locate or contract you online or offline should you wish to provide such information.
Many users of this website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us, and any data collected about their use of this website is anonymous information. Anonymous information is information that cannot be connected to the identity of a specific individual. An example of anonymous information is, while this website may record the number of visits to a particular page that occur in a given period of time, it does not necessarily tell us the names or other identifying information of every visitor.
When you visit our site, we may also collect Automatic Anonymous Information, which is information about your internet connection, equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details to improve your access and visit of our Website. For example, we log environmental variables such as browser type, operating system and CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your originating Internet Service Provider, to try to bring you the best possible service. We also record search requests and results to try to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of our search engine. We use your IP address to track your use of the site, including pages visited and the time spent on each page. We collect this information and use it to measure the use of this website and to improve its content and performance.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include direct personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests and recognize you when you return to our Website.
To the extent we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user and will not be used to contact you.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use your personal information to:
- provide the services you request
- generate statistical studies
- conduct marketing research
- improve products and services
- send you surveys
- notify you of new products and any other changes to our site or services that may affect you.
When you submit personally identifiable information to us, you understand that you are agreeing to allow us to access, store, and use that information for those purposes.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We will not sell or give any personally identifiable information to any third parties.
If at any time you do not wish to receive offers and e-mails from us, we ask that you tell us. You may remove your name from our mailing list by sending us an e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating in the subject line “No Offers or E-mail.”
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why.
The provision of your name, address, delivery address, payment information is required from you to enable us to process any requested orders. If you are placing an order for a product from our website, this information will be required from you. We will not be able to process your order without the provision of this information.
How Long Will Your Personal Information Be Kept?
We will hold your personal data for the period we are required to retain this information by the applicable UK and USA tax laws.
How Long Will Your Personal Information Be Kept?
We rely on Article 6, Section 1(a) and (b) as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are as follows:
- that you have consented in the collection and processing of your personal data in order to process your request with our Website; or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with our Website to provide you with the product you have requested or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
We are an American company and therefore must transfer your personal information to individuals which are located outside the European Economic Area in order to process any and all orders made on our Website. This transfer is necessary in order to complete the any requests to our website to provide you with goods or services.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the United States provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. We have also implemented our own Data Security measures, see below.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal
information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to email@example.com
- Let us have enough information to identify you, i.e. your username, account, email, or registration information
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
How To Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1.616.229.0597.
If you would like this notice in another format, please contact us.