Commercial Bunk Beds Without The Bite
If you own a backpacker hostel you will more than likely have in place commercial bunk beds and associated products in the hope that you give your guest a comfortable restful sleep, a fabulous friendly environment and a memorable stay. The decline in the cost of flying means you can expect guests to arrive from the far reaches of our mother earth, people of all races, both young and old can potentially be guests at your hostel. They bring with them stories of their travels.
Usually these stories are shared around a big communal table within the hostel; this adds atravellers atmosphere where you can expect it to be friendly and even rowdy! Although you encourage this at your backpacker hostel, what you don’t want is for your guests to bring unwelcome and non-paying guests, especially on your hostel bunk bed mattresses.
The Dreaded Bed Bug
One of the biggest culprits are the dreaded bed bugs, traditionally a tropical or sub tropical species that have also taken advantage of cheap air travel. Travelling in suitcases used to be for luggage or the odd stowaway but nowadays the humble suitcase is perfect transport for bed bugs; destination the hostel bunk bed! These little critters are not too concerned if their new home is a commercial bunk bed, they are at home in any warm mattress where their feed is close to hand.
Tips for the Budget Travel Industry
Typically confined to the tropics, this top end pest thrived in the newly formed budget travel industry, seeking out new territory with the aid of a free flight ticket and a warm environment within your guests’ luggage. Being confined to the tropics is no longer the case, this top end pest have even been found in the Nordic regions of Europe, free travel courtesy of your guest! Of course no one can blame the guest for this migration, education and preventative measures can reduce the likelihood of your hostel bunk beds becoming a new home for bed bugs. Below we have listed some tips on how to prevent bed bugs from getting free rent on your hostel mattresses or privacy curtains.
- Your guests already sign in on arrival, train your staff to verbally remind your guest to unpack on the floor and not on the bed.
- Choose a seamless water-resistant commercial mattress which has a removable cover machine washable at high temperature. FACT high temperature machine wash kills bed bugs.
- Make regular checks when cleaning hostel rooms and your commercial bunk bed mattress. Vacuum the mattress often as well as the carpets.
- Stop using timber bunk beds, timber is a warm natural breathable material with loose joints, a perfect hiding place for bed bugs. Choose commercial bunk beds made of metal.
- Bed bugs congregate in packs of 7 to 10, they travel at night when your guest is sleeping on your hostel commercial mattress; they hide in warm dark places usually in the carpet edge near the skirting board, vacuum properly.
Choose the Right Bunk Bed to Eliminate Bugs
All kinds of measures have been taken to eliminate a bed bug infestation, once your hostel has these unwelcome guests it is virtually impossible to eradicate them. Be safe, prevention is cheaper than cure, educate and choose a correct commercial bunk bed and commercial mattress. You can find all these commercial bunk beds and commercial mattresses as well as other hostel essentials at ESS Universal USA —