Run your Hostel Efficiently using Commercial Bunk Beds
Running a budget back-packer hostel at maximum efficiency is essential, take time to plan each room keeping in mind relevant local laws. The planning of a hostel that accommodate the paying public needs to have a good balance between the hostel owner and guest. Effective hostel bunk bed planning includes using adult bunk beds which are of commercial quality.
Planning and making the most of your rooms
- Choose a hostel bunk bed that will give your investment some sort of longevity and complies to relevant safety standards in your country
- Using the dimensions of the commercial bunk bed do a basic floor plan indicating where doors and windows are – allow the room to have natural light
- When positioning bunk beds on the floor plan bear in mind that the law says there must be a clear walkway between each commercial bunk bed of at least 700mm
- Avoid placing bunk beds over a light switch, a guest does not like reaching into a bunk bed compartment to turn a light on especially when the compartment is occupied
- Ensure the entrance door can open fully, a door that hits a bunk bed on opening can wake a sleeping guest
- A true commercial bunk bed will have some way of securing the bunk bed to either the floor or wall, this ensures the bunk bed is not re-positioned by guests
Planned correctly, your hostel will provide a safe and comfortable sleeping environment for your guests and give you the hostel owner peace of mind. For more detailed advice get in touch with your local council or even your commercial bunk bed supplier who will be more than happy to advise you on the legalities of planning your hostel. Here at ESS Universal, we offer free advice and guidance for the placement of your hostel bunk beds.
Make the most of your space and reduce clutter
With every hostel, floor space is an important factor. Traditionally upright personnel lockers have been used to house staying guests personal items, these bulky upright lockers take a lot of floor space within a hostel or dormitory. Nowadays more and more hostels or universities that have campus’ choose under bed storage, these cleaver accessories to your commercial bunk bed free up floor space and can even offer security for personal belongings as most under bed lockers are what they say they are ‘Lockable.
Some benefits of using under bed storage lockers
- Free up floor space allowing at least one extra commercial bunk bed to be used in a room
- Trip hazards are reduced, how many times have you entered a hostel room and seen personal items on the floor?
- The correct open under bed storage locker system will need minimal or no cleaning reducing extra work on your staff
- A good strong locker will protect your guests personal belongings against theft and make your commercial bunk bed look great
Contact us for the best bunk beds at the best prices.